UV Colour changing Sunny Beads (mixed colours)
Sunny beads change colour in sunlight because they are made from a special ´reversible photo chromic´ material. This material changes its chemical structure when exposed to ultraviolet light (like sunlight), allowing it to absorb a coloured pigment or dye. Once out of the sunlight, it becomes colourless again.
- pack contains approx 100 pony beads
- beads turn from white to light blue, dark blue, purple, pink, yellow and orange when exposed to sunlight
- a great way to teach about UV light, particularly for girls
- includes ideas for simple experiments
- beads can be used to make necklaces, bracelets or hair braids
- Not suitable for under 3s because of small parts