Those smart people at the Met Office have produced this excellent little Weather Widget. It's a handy tool to use especially when planning your solar powered outings in the UK.
If you hover over any item in the Widget, a short description pops up.
There are six columns of info:
- Five days of weather (including today)
- Cloud icons to show sunshine/rain etc
- Temperature (in white)
- Windspeed (in mph with arrow showing compass direction)
- Feels Like Temperature (in blue boxes) - This takes into account the temperature and the wind
- UV level (green triangle)
There are 5 boxes in the top right of the Widget to provide weather warnings for Rain, Wind, Snow, Ice & Fog. Hover your cursor over these for a short description. They are green for normal and change colour if there's a warning.
Use the Options link at the bottom of the widget to
- Change the Language to either English or Welsh
- Change the location. (Tip: Type the location and then wait a second or two and select one of the options it presents to you).
The More Details link will take you to the Met Office detailed information page for your location.
Disclaimer: This information is provided directly by the Met Office. They do not guarantee that the data will always be available and from time to time they may also modify the Weather Widget. Their site also points out that meteorology is an inexact science and so any bit of data which involves a forecast may not be taken as a statement of fact.