Add-ons For Solar Panels
Why Switch to LED Lighting?
1. Energy efficiency (lumens/watt) – 50% savings over fluorescent, 90% over halogen or incandescent today and improving rapidly. This translates into energy cost savings.
2. Longer bulb life – e.g. halogen 1,500 hours to LED 30,000‐50,000 hours, which also equates to a lower maintenance cost in commercial/industrial environments.
3. LED bulb costs coming down whilst energy costs are going up.
4. Many LED bulbs are dimmable, unlike fluorescents.
5. Colour temperature – LEDs available in a range of ‘warm’ to ‘cold’ light versions as well as a range of colours for specialist uses (e.g. night lighting of Millennium Bridge in York).
6. Flexibility– not only available in bulbs but bendable strips and sheets, range of beam angles, fitting types, frosted vs unfrosted, etc.
7. Excellent for off‐grid installations – because (a) limited power is available and the cost per watt of energy delivered is high, and (b) LED is widely available in 12V DC.
8. No start‐up delay when switching on, unlike many fluorescents.
9. Works better in cold environments than fluorescents.
10. Less heat output than other technologies – especially important in hot climates, in refrigeration lighting, and to reduce electrical fire danger.
2.5Kw Solar Panel Installation Quick Efficient and so Friendly would recommend all the time. Well done Select Solar
Mr Peter Smithers
Practical, fun, sometimes wacky. These products are a favourite amongst customers
With two of your panels stuck to the roof, we set off round the world in 2008... Feb 2010... your panels are still giving good service.
Bill and Penny Howe, the Aging Overlanders
Excellent. replied immediately, answered my questions.
April 24 2018
Jun 29 2018