Add-ons For Solar Panels
Why Switch to LED Lighting?
1. Energy efficiency (lumens/watt) – 50% savings over fluorescent, 90% over halogen or incandescent today and improving rapidly. This translates into energy cost savings.
2. Longer bulb life – e.g. halogen 1,500 hours to LED 30,000‐50,000 hours, which also equates to a lower maintenance cost in commercial/industrial environments.
3. LED bulb costs coming down whilst energy costs are going up.
4. Many LED bulbs are dimmable, unlike fluorescents.
5. Colour temperature – LEDs available in a range of ‘warm’ to ‘cold’ light versions as well as a range of colours for specialist uses (e.g. night lighting of Millennium Bridge in York).
6. Flexibility– not only available in bulbs but bendable strips and sheets, range of beam angles, fitting types, frosted vs unfrosted, etc.
7. Excellent for off‐grid installations – because (a) limited power is available and the cost per watt of energy delivered is high, and (b) LED is widely available in 12V DC.
8. No start‐up delay when switching on, unlike many fluorescents.
9. Works better in cold environments than fluorescents.
10. Less heat output than other technologies – especially important in hot climates, in refrigeration lighting, and to reduce electrical fire danger.
Apr 28 2019
We have been very pleased with the service that we have received from Select Solar. One of the deciding factors for us choosing Select Solar as our preferred supplier was that they provided us with jargon-free advice and guidance on the right installation for our needs. We were filled with confidence by their knowledge, expertise and desire to find a package that met all our requirements.
Jan 22 2019
Thanks to Select Solar I am pretty much self sufficient now... a great solution to my carp fishing solar needs. You're highly recommended.
Jake Langley-Hobbs, fishing in France
Overall the buying experience was excellent.
Jun 2 2018
Was pleased to hear back in a very timely fashion. I have no problems recommending you highly.
Jun 26 2018