Add-ons For Solar Panels
Why Switch to LED Lighting?
1. Energy efficiency (lumens/watt) – 50% savings over fluorescent, 90% over halogen or incandescent today and improving rapidly. This translates into energy cost savings.
2. Longer bulb life – e.g. halogen 1,500 hours to LED 30,000‐50,000 hours, which also equates to a lower maintenance cost in commercial/industrial environments.
3. LED bulb costs coming down whilst energy costs are going up.
4. Many LED bulbs are dimmable, unlike fluorescents.
5. Colour temperature – LEDs available in a range of ‘warm’ to ‘cold’ light versions as well as a range of colours for specialist uses (e.g. night lighting of Millennium Bridge in York).
6. Flexibility– not only available in bulbs but bendable strips and sheets, range of beam angles, fitting types, frosted vs unfrosted, etc.
7. Excellent for off‐grid installations – because (a) limited power is available and the cost per watt of energy delivered is high, and (b) LED is widely available in 12V DC.
8. No start‐up delay when switching on, unlike many fluorescents.
9. Works better in cold environments than fluorescents.
10. Less heat output than other technologies – especially important in hot climates, in refrigeration lighting, and to reduce electrical fire danger.
Thank you Colin
March 6 2019
Hi I just wanted to say once again how impressed I was with the help and support given by Colin and Evren at Select Solar. Colin took the time to provide very specific and expert technical advice which was invaluable. I've had dealings with Select Solar over a two year period and their customer service has been unfailingly and consistently excellent.
Iain Maclean 6/10/2015
I ordered quite late on Thursday evening and it arrived very early (!) on Saturday morning.
May 30 2019
My Owl Arrived on time, good packaging, item as described by seller. Very pleased, looks good in my garden both day and night. Goes well with my other lights as I wanted .
Christine Ann Leek
Very pleased overall!
May 6 2017